Welcome to July! I believe everyone of us must have been baptised into the grace to see God’s plan and purpose come through in our lives as individuals, through the diverse teachings and impartation of grace all through the month of June, 2019 and because whatever the Lord does shall be forever, my prayer is that everyone’s encounter shall continue to speak all through the days of our lives in Jesus’ name! Amen! Today, we shall focus on: Wisdom Gateways to Financial Fortune!
We discover from scriptures that even though God has ordained that we enjoy a life of abundance and command financial dominion, yet the Bible says: Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom (Proverbs 23:4). But nature abhors vacuum, if we are not to labour to be rich, then what are we to labour to do? Clearly, we are called to labour to be a blessing, so we can continue to be blessed …for it is more blessed to give, than to receive (Acts 20:35). For instance, it was in the heart of David the king to build God a house and God enriched him supernaturally. In the same vein, the Macedonian Church in spite of their poverty, their liberality launched them into financial dominion (2 Corinthians 8:1-3/9; 1Kings 8:17-18). All liberal souls both in Bible times and in our contemporary history enjoyed financial fortune and commanded financial dominion. Therefore:
1. Chasing after wealth for the purpose of accumulation and consumption and not for distribution usually leads to a wreck (Luke 12:16-21; 1 Timothy 6:6-10).
2. Craving wealth by all means will lead to a crash (Joshua 7:20-25; 2 Kings 5:20-27; Matthew 27:3-5).
3. Craving to be a blessing will lead to a world of financial fortune (Job 29:4-17).
4. A commitment to promoting the Kingdom of God with one’s resources will culminate in financial dominion (1 Kings 8:17-18; 1 Chronicles 29:3-6).
5. Worshipping God with our resources will lead to a world of financial wonders (Genesis 22:1-18; Isaiah 51:1-3; Galatians 3:13-14; 1 Kings 3:3/13).
6. Commitment to being a blessing to the needy will bring any man into realms of financial fortune (Nehemiah 1:1-4, 2:1-10; Job 29:4-17).
7. Craving to help others while we are in need is key to a world of financial favour (2 Corinthians 8:1-7/11; Nehemiah 1:1-4, 2:1-10).
Also Read: Understanding God’s Plan For Me From His Book! By David Oyedepo
However, we must understand that wherever our commitment to being a blessing stops, that is where God’s blessings stop because we can never be blessed beyond our commitment to being a blessing. But, when we are positioned to being a blessing, God’s blessings never cease to flow in our lives.
How can we keep Financial Blessings Flowing?
1. Remain faithful in our covenant practice (Luke 19:15-17, 16:2/10).
2. Be good managers of God’s resources at our disposal (Matthew 25:14-30; Luke 16:11).
3. Be accountable (Luke 19:15, 16:1-12).
4. Avoid waste by maintaining financial discipline (Proverbs 13:4, 18:9).
5. Commit to the demand of budgeting (Luke 15:11-13).
6. Invest as appropriate for profiting (Luke 19:23).
7. Maintain financial integrity (Proverbs 13:11; Jeremiah 17:10-11; Zechariah 5:4).
We must understand that giving does not only guarantee access to financial or material returns; rather it is a covenant that qualifies to be defined as our Kingdom life insurance policy because it provides access to having all our needs met, including restoration of our health and healing miracles (Philippians 4:15-19; Proverbs 10:22). As it is written: Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. The Lord will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies. The Lord will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness (Psalm 41:1-3).
When we give, we are entitled to full scale restoration of our health among others. Like the Widow of Zarephath who had her son restored to life on the platform of her seed (1 Kings 17:8-24). The Shunammite woman also had her son brought back to life through their family seed (2 Kings 4:8-17). The Centurion that built a synagogue enjoyed special attention from Christ for the healing of his servant (Luke 7:2-6/10). Oral Robert was dying of tuberculosis when he told his grandmother to check his suit pocket for his tithe because he didn’t want to die owing God. As a result, he was healed through that seed as a teenager and lived to be over ninety (90) years old.
In conclusion, giving with wisdom is a major gateway to financial fortune which secures special attention for us with God in the days of trouble and guarantees a healthy life. However, you can only access this level of giving if you are born again. Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so. Simply say the following prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Today, I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now, I know I am born again! For further reading, please get my books: Walking in Wisdom, The Wisdom that Works and Winning Wisdom.