Egypt on Monday reported its second case of novel coronavirus, more than two weeks after announcing the first confirmed infection in Africa.
The foreigner is showing “minor symptoms” and has been quarantined, the ministry and the World Health Organization said in a joint statement.
Other people who had contact with the patient are undergoing medical tests, it added. Egypt announced its first confirmed case of novel coronavirus on February 14. The patient, a Chinese national, was released last week after recovering, the statement said.